- Wanna output RGB signal from a Game Boy? Chad is your man.
- Wanna mod a Sega Genesis to display more than 64 colour on screen? Chad is your man.
- Wanna plug a Vertrex controller to a japanese PC engine? Chad is your man.
- Wanna watch Netfilx in your Sega Game Gear TV Tuner? Chad is your man.
- Wanna blast process the SNES? Chad is your man.
Today I’m showing you one of the most advanced peripherals developed for the Sega Genesis (AKA Sega Megadrive) which only came out in Europe due to some particular restrictions that the 16 bit SEGA PAL hardware had over there. I’m talking about the SEGA Mega Pedal.
Let’s get started!
To level things a little bit, in 1991 SEGA of Europe released the Mega Pedal, a device capable of speeding up the Sega Megadrive to run games up to a 100hz refresh rate.
To use the Mega Pedal you had to plug it between the gamepad controller and the console, and every time you needed that extra push over the cliff in your game speed you just step on the pedal and voila!.
Today the SEGA Mega Pedal is an expensive collector’s item very difficult to find as only a few were made. If you are the lucky owner of one of this extrange devices you can share your impresions in the comments field below. I’ll be glad to hear about it!
Until next time!